This Thanksgiving I traveled to the great state of Massachusetts to celebrate with Nance and Len! And since I was the only child home for the holiday, we had to improvise with a modified family photo, a mirror shot! Featuring ourselves and the fixings.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag of Pepperidge Farm stuffing
- 1 pound pork sausage (Jones’ roll)
- Chopped walnuts to taste
- 2 onions
- Sliced mushrooms
- 5-6 stalks chopped celery
- Salt and pepper
- Turkey seasoning or sage
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Butter (according to stuffing package directions)
- Chicken broth (according to stuffing package directions – in place of water)
Fry sausage. Remove sausage from pan, but save the drippings. Fry onions, celery, mushrooms and walnuts in sausage drippings until tender. Beat 2 eggs well and add to dry stuffing mix. Add fried ingredients once they are tender. Boil College Inn broth with margarine. Add to stuffing mixture and mix well. If you find that it seems too dry ad a little water or extra broth until well moistened. Add seasonings according to taste. Bake in a covered casserole dish at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.