This past week I found myself in the kitchen quite a bit! I whipped up some hearty meals, like burgers (not pictured) and Mahi Mahi fish tacos (not pictured) and cookies (not pictured). What I did photograph was childhood favorite Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, or affectionately abbreviated to CCBB.
Surprisingly, banana bread baking was inspired by leftover taco sour cream, and the fact that I had two perfectly ripe bananas to use! On a hunch that I had all the ingredients necessary, I had Nance send over the original recipe:
A full pantry and Saturday’s torrential rain created the perfect storm for 1999 nostalgia!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease and flour the bottom of a loaf pan.
- Combine sugar and butter. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add bananas, sour cream and eggs. Blend well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Blend well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes.